The Fruitarian Diet
One of the latest diet trends that is hitting the internet is the Fruitarian diet. While it sounds like a good idea in theory, there are many downsides to this plan, and you should be very careful if you are considering this weight loss route. Always consult your physician before embarking on a new diet plan.
What Does It Mean To Be A Fruitarian?
A fruitarian is someone who only eats fruit. Day in and day out, they consume up to 75% fruit in their daily diet. You are allowed to eat as much fruit as you want, as long as it is fresh and hasn’t been processed in any way.
Dangers Of A Fruitarian Diet
There are some things you should be aware of if you are thinking of transitioning to a fruitarian diet.
- Weight Gain- Fruits are full of sugars. Yes, they are natural sugars, but they are still sugars. Eating large amounts of sugar can cause a weight gain, which might be the opposite of your goal.
- Tooth Decay- Hand in hand with lots of sugar comes tooth decay. Fruits not only contain a lot of sugar, but they can be corrosive to your tooth enamel. The high acid content can eat right through your enamel, leaving your teeth in serious jeopardy.
- Diabetes- Again, with a diet high in sugar, you may be at risk for diabetes. Eating too much sugar negatively effects your blood sugar, causing your body to produce too much insulin. When your body is in this unstable state, you are at risk for all sorts of malfunctions.
- Malnutrition- While fruits contain many of the vitamins and good stuff that you need daily, they don’t contain everything. If you eat just fruit all the time, you are at risk for deficiencies in such needed nutrients as calcium, vitamin B12, vitamin D, and Omega-3s.
- Cranky- When you deprive your body of other important nutrients, the cravings start to come out. It makes people cranky and irritable. A bad mood might be something you’ll have to factor in.
- Slower Metabolism- When you deprive your body of important nutrients, it thinks you are starving. Your metabolism starts to slow down in order to preserve the nutrients that you have. A slower metabolism will cause all the sugars to build up in your system, and will probably cause you to gain weight instead of lose it.
Instead of a starvation diet, try NorCal’s healthy weight loss program. Unlike other diet programs, you can continue with your lifestyle, while just adding NorCal products to experience weight loss. Our unique homeopathic formula is safe for anyone and will get you to your weight loss goals. Contact us today so we can help you get started on your weight loss journey.